Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bit OT: Rear ride height on a 911, Adjustment? Sagging a bit.
Mark Henry
post Jul 12 2005, 05:48 PM
Post #1

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

One of my customers has a 911 (’71 with a update body kit) and the rear tires are just starting to rub on the outside. Not on the lip but just above it.

I tried the move the torsion bars 1 spline, but that got me about a 3 inch raise, I only need about an inch. I’ve tried both the inner and outer splines.

If I can’t raise it I’ll cut the spacers 3/8 each side.

The car has sagged this year, as it the first year the customer has gotten some good seat time. The most time this car has seen in probably over 10 years. I spent a lot of time sorting this car out and this is the only major issue now.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Mark Henry   Bit OT: Rear ride height on a 911   Jul 12 2005, 05:48 PM
TimT   Youll have to play with re-indexing the torsion ba...   Jul 12 2005, 06:24 PM
Cap'n Krusty   It's a simple but detailed procedure. You nee...   Jul 12 2005, 06:39 PM
Mark Henry   Thanks Cap'n You don't know if the bushin...   Jul 12 2005, 07:29 PM
ArtechnikA  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 09:00 AM