Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tranny MISS-tery, Has anyone seen one like this?
ctc911ctc
post Sep 3 2020, 06:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,206
Region Association: North East States

'74, 2.0 Barn Find - ~22K miles

I have been posting and working on this car for 2 years - I have it running and performing well - about an 80 point driver.

Decided that the 1st to 2nd transition needed work as well as a few oil leaks so I dropped the engine and started to rebuild the tranny.

I watched the Dr. Evil video 100 times - better than anything on Netflix

But I found something that is flummoxing the 914World.

Attached Image

I replaced the Dog Teeth and the Synch rings on 1st and second gear. When I opened second gear I found that the Anchor Block was broken into 3 pieces. HHHhhhhmmmm!

Soooo, i ordered a new part from my favorite vendor and received the part above (the one that is NOT broken) and it is too big. However, this is the correct part as per all of the documentation.

As a Sanity Check, I opened up 3rd gear and the same SMALL anchor block is in 3rd as well. Also in 4th and 5th!

My questions to the 914World are:

1. have you seen this before? Calling Dr. Evil @Dr_Evil
2. What might cause one of these to crack into 3 pieces?
3. Might this be the PO putting in the car 911 parts? (these small anchors are found within 911s I am told)

Thank you fellow teeners.....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:24 AM