Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Targa top finish, What do you do to make them look oem?
ClayPerrine
post Sep 7 2020, 04:18 PM
Post #1

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Today we found that Elwood (the 70 914-6) has a late top on him. That is the reason the seals don't fit to the windows correctly. So I got up in the attic and found I have 3 early tops and one late top up there.

I checked Igor (73 with the 4.0L engine) and it has a very nice early top on it. But it is painted red to match the car . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

So we carefully examined the 3 early tops from the attic, and picked the best one. It has some minor cracks in the fiberglass, but the corners are not broken off. So we stripped it, cleaned it up, and lightly sanded it. We have primer-filler on it to start on filling the blemishes.

What color is correct? Satin black seems to be the closest I can find. I am thinking of using the primer-filler to build up the top a little, and not sand it to reproduce the texture that came from the factory.

Unless someone on here has a better idea?

Clay
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 07:03 PM