Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Coilovers
JamesJ
post Oct 9 2020, 05:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,202
Region Association: Northern California

Hello All,
I am researching a rear coilover setup for my car. I don't plan to do any auto crossing, but would like a nice canyon carver. From previous threads on this site, it seems that 140/150 lb. rear spring would be good as well as removing my rear sway bar, installing a larger front sway bar(perhaps one or two sizes up from stock), and keeping my stock torsion bar.
I currently have Koni sport shocks all around. It appears that my left rear shock is leaking, so I am thinking to go ahead and get two new rear shocks. If I get Bilsteins for the rear, should I change out my front shocks to match? Do you prefer Koni adjustable or Bilsteins? Is the damping control of the Koni necessary for a street car?
Any experience with the different coilover setups from Ground Control, Elephant Racing, or Tarett Engineering?
For springs, do you prefer Eibach or Swift or another brand?
I am not sure why, but Elephant Racing uses a 2.5” rear spring, while Tarett Engineering uses a 2.25” rear spring-both are Eibachs.
I don't think I will need a helper spring for street use.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 05:23 PM