Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How to clean up a pan o' brake fluid, how to prep for a new pedal set and master cylinder
boxster914
post Oct 9 2020, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,700
Region Association: South East States

I'm about 3 weeks into my relationship with my new '71 Irish Green 914.

Attached Image

Firstly, I can't tell you how supportive and informative the 914world.com community has been. You have all been just great. I feel like I can do anything knowing that y'all have my back!

A special shout out goes to Bruce ( @bdstone914 ) who has been AWESOME in helping me sort out my braking issues.

I'm writing in this post to ask about my current problem, which is that my drivers side floorpan is full of brake fluid, bubbling paint and basically a huge mess.

Attached Image

The master cylinder failed and so now I need to clean up the pan before I install my new pedal set (from Bruce) and master cylinder.

I'm a total newb so here's what I'm thinking and please tell me if you know better.

I'm thinking about sopping up what brake fluid I can, going over the pan with some brake cleaner to really clean it up, then stripping the paint with paint stripper, cleaning the bare metal with wurth clean prep then painting it with rustoleum flat black paint.

Please let me know if there is a better way to do this.

I, of course, want to prevent further corrosion and to protect the floor.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 07:09 PM