Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How to install the crush sleeve and the shiftknob ?, I must be a little stupid ......
Frankvw
post Oct 21 2020, 12:59 PM
Post #1

working on my first 914 !

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,896
Region Association: Europe

Hi all.
Intro on issue:
The shiftknob on my 73 1.7 was a bit loose. I pulled it off, came of easily.
The crushsleeve also came out. I did not understand how to refit is so it was tight, so I searched on 914world. I read the trick to use a strip of paper or felt over the shifter and then push the knob over it.....and being Dutch that sounded like a cheap solution !

And then....
well...when I pushed down the knob I cracked the brittle original shiftknob in several pieces....unusable (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

But I found a replacement one (it is same as original but I think it is from JP Group)
It came with a brand new crushsleeve as well.

The question (sorry if it is a bit stupid):
HOW do I install the crushsleeve and replacement shift knob now on the shifter so it is secured and OK in place ? I thought to post the question before I mess up the new crushsleeve. Is it just drop the sleeve in the knob and then push down the knob on the shifter ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 03:34 PM