Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hazard switch works but not turn signals
Tdskip
post Nov 18 2020, 09:07 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
Region Association: None

Trying to get the Fresno 914 beater ready for a weekend run, and I think I’m in decent shape mechanically so onto electrical foibles.

When I pulled a hazard switch I get blinking indicators on the dash and left side of the car but I do not get working turn signals in either direction.

The right turn signal will have the indicators flash once and then nothing.

That leads me to think that I have a combination of most likely burned out bulbs but also a problem with either my turn signal switch itself or the flasher relay.

This car sat for a very long time and I had a really clean a bunch of the electrical connections so it may just be that the turn signal stock needs to be used more to get the crud off from sitting, but was hoping for a bit of a confirmation that I’m on the right track here.

If the relay is bad looks like getting one from @spoke is the way to go?

And yes, I know, shocking that I’m going to actually go drive one of the darn things rather than just work on bringing another one back to life.

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 10:01 AM