Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Turn signal relay clicking + arrows on clock
dax1969
post Apr 19 2021, 03:11 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,103
Region Association: None

Hi guys,

1974 2.0 FI.

When turning left all of a sudden the turn signal relay starting buzzing and the left/right arrows started blinking . Wiggled the stalked a bit and it stopped but it happened again short after. I have the hella relay with a buzzer which I normally only hear on start-up with the ebrake on. Turnsignals, hazards etc are working and the big red one only comes on when the ebrake is on so I don't think it is brake/master cylinder related.

Assumed it was a faulty turn signal relay so I changed it with a Uro one I had lying around. The car is driveable (no buzzing cause the URO one has no buzzer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ) but the relay keeps clicking and the arrows keep flashing.

Where shall I start ? The stalk (is a rather new one) ? The relay itself ? someone of FB suggested that the connectors below the steering column are not well connected (still need to check). Ground issue ? but I cleaned them all (I guess ALL) a couple of months ago.

thks yr support

krgds
Dax

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 03:17 AM