Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Neewbie Questions, Emissions, EFI vs. Carburetors, Suspension Questions
Alive_75
post May 20 2021, 12:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,533
Region Association: None

Good morning 914 community. I just picked up my first 914, its a 1975 Silver in good condition. I am finding out that 1975 does not require emissions in California so I am conflicted with refurbishing the EFI system or installing carburetors. What are your thoughts? Attached is a picture of the engine bay and it looks a mess, I would like to get carburetors in there but I dont know how bad it will affect the resale value.
Also, I will be doing brakes because the car has sat for 31 years and they will need to be upgraded. What s a good bolt on upgrade for the braking and suspension? I hear that some 911 parts will fit and also the e21 320i brakes are a good option. I just don't know what will be the easiest or cost effective upgrade.

Thank you all in advance, I look forward to getting my first Porsche on the road not just on the road to recovery (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 05:59 AM