Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What Do I Do Now, Advice/Recommendations/Assistance Needed
Bill Shaw
post May 22 2021, 04:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,013

After a number of fits and starts I’ve now come to a point where I have to make a 914 decision. I have two- a ‘74 and a ‘76.
I thought I was well on my way to restoring the’74 - bodywork done and primed, trans rebuilt, a Raby 2056 assembled with carbs, suspension and brakes done, etc. Then I found out that a longitudinal (right, of course) had to be repaired or replaced. I don’t think there are any other rust issues but I can’t be completely sure.
I found a ‘76 race car with a decent undercarriage for a really good price so I bought that, thinking I could drive it and sell the’74. Had the’76 for a couple of months of fun driving, then it left me stranded twice with an engine that just quit (think it’s a D-Jet issue. The’76 also needs the usual work to finish converting it from track to road.
I now have 2 undriveable 914s and have to decide relatively soon how to deal with them. My original plan was to keep the’76, install the Raby engine in it and sell the’74 with the ‘76 engine as a project car. Now that decision time is coming up I’m wondering if this is the right way to go.
Since I live in Kalamazoo I know of few local 914 owners and none seem to have much experience. I should also say that I have no experience with repairing or replacing longitudes, let alone tackling D-Jet issues.
Any advice/recommendations/assistance would be most welcome!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 03:00 AM