Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine not turning over
Planeswalker33
post May 27 2021, 09:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,319
Region Association: Southern California

I have a 75 1.8 that was sitting for quite some time. I replaced the fuel lines with Tangerine's SS, Filter, Pump, Vacuum Lines, Spark Plugs, new fluids all around and new battery. Fuel has pressure and the car will attempt to start but never turns over. I only put in about 1.5 gallons of gas in case I had to pull the tank again if there were any issues. Do I need more gas than that in the tank since it's all new lines? I was hesitant to add any more. I've got some items in the passenger seat but did buckle both seat belts.

Looks like my next check is the ignition switch and relay's under the seats. Should that be my first trouble shooting area? This is my first more intensive work on a car I've done so I feel clueless and keep hitting walls. I followed Pelican's diagrams and checked all connections and double checked to make sure I had the lines set up correctly. Fuel pump is moving fluid and I can hear it turn on.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I know the car has been sitting for a long time, but it was running fine just before it was parked for a decade.

Thanks,
Brian
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 09:56 AM