Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rennshift reverse lock out stopped working, FIXED: Set screw between linkage and shift rod had backed out
john77
post Jun 14 2021, 11:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,027
Region Association: Southern California

Car was off the road for 5 months as I was flaring it and doing some other work.

I'd been having issues getting into first before that so decided to redial in the shift pattern, but now, for some reason, even though I have all 5 gears and reverse, when I'm shifting from first to second, unless I go really slowly, it tries to get into reverse (i.e. blood curdling grinding noises).

I used to AX the car and had full confidence slamming it from first straight into second, but now I'm not sure what's happened.

The spring loaded lock out pin on the Rennshift springs into position so I can't push the shifter to the left and forward, but that doesn't seem to matter - shifting straight forward and a little bit to the left seems to be putting me into reverse.

My first thought was I'd moved the pattern way too far to the right, but if I try to dial it back to the left a little I lose first and reverse.

I have the tangerine precision shift adjuster, firewall bushing, shift linkage, all new bushings etc, and there's no slop in any of it, so I'm a little stumped as to what's changed.

Here's a picture of my shifter in first with the lock out pin doing its thing.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-17027-1623693157.1.jpg)

Also, and I can't remember if this is normal, to go into fifth I just push the shifter as far as it will go right and then pull back. But fourth isn't the same.

If I push the shifter all the way to the right and push it forward, it won't go forward. Instead, I have to move the shifter slowly to the left while maintaining forward pressure until it "finds" the slot for fourth and only then moves forward. Is that how it's supposed to be?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 06:41 PM