Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: BMW 3.0CS E9 PPI needed in the Charlottesville, VA area, Anyone know of anyone?
tygaboy
post Aug 26 2021, 08:25 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,241
Region Association: Northern California

My offer was accepted and pending a "successful" PPI, I'll be the proud new owner of one of my all time dream cars.

Anyone know of an E9-knowledgeable shop or person in or near the Charlottesville, VA area?

For those who like the stories behind car ownership, read on:
Records (lots of them) seem to indicate it's a two-owner CA car. It's been with its current owner for 20+ years and he relocated it from CA to NC.
This owner is my customer-turned-boss; he hired me into the job from which I ultimately retired. I was working for him when he bought the E9 and it joined his garage, next to his two 2002s. So yes, a Bimmer head!
Over the years, I said to him many times, "if you ever sell "the Coupe", as he called it, I'd like first right of refusal."
Well, he called yesterday and said "You want it? It's yours." How could I NOT buy it, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Sorry for the crappy pics. The car isn't garaged at the owner's home so a non-car person shot these for us yesterday.

Details:
'- 74 (yes, a BUB car but that's easily corrected)
- Originally Fjord blue, repainted in the original color
- Auto trans , but again, also easily corrected!
- Sunroof
- Under 100k miles
- tons of records
- always garaged, not driven in rain.
- pics would indicate it's as rust free as these come

Barring some horrible PPI surprise that's somehow been missed over the past 20 years, if my 914 isn't running again by WCR, you may see me in this!

Thanks for any help with a PPI referral!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 06:02 PM