Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Newbie question - engine tin, 1.7 to 2.0 conversion
dherr
post Sep 10 2021, 12:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,816
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So like many of you, I have gone from one to two 914's in just two months. The first one is a 1972 1.7 that will be getting a 2.7S motor. That car was sitting in a garage for 35 years indoors on jack stands and is very rust free. The car came with a bunch of parts that I decided I did not need, so many of those were sold on here on forum (thanks).

So I have been ordering parts for the conversion, including just getting MadDogsMotorsports's engine mount kit, the oil tank and my 911S engine just came today. In the meantime, I had a rebuilt 2.0 sitting that I have been trying to sell and not getting a lot of interest in it due to the reputation of the rebuilder. So at the last minute, I decided to pull it off of Ebay and bought a car on Ebay to put it in as it was 25 miles from my house.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/carsofmyyouth.com-25816-1631301343.1.jpg)

This car has an interesting history, has a nice paint job and interior, was at one point a 6 cylinder car, but now has a 1.7 back in it. Missing the exhaust and intake, but other than that it is very complete and solid project. My plans are to put my 2.0 in this car and get it on the road again. I'll probably put back on the correct bumpers

So my question is what do I need from the 1.7 engine to mount the 2.0? This 2.0 is really just a 1.7 with 2.0 jugs and heads on it, so can I use all the 1.7 tin? Do the rest of the mounts, engine wise still remain as 1.7? Same with the shift linkage? Use 1.7 heat exchangers and exhaust? Lots of questions!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:42 PM