Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My Amazing Werks Reunion Experience And Sports Car Digest, They Say Everything Happens For a Reason!
Lucky9146
post Sep 10 2021, 09:45 PM
Post #1

Always Wanted A Bigger Go Cart

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,942
Region Association: Southern California

Like many of you I am sure you were dealing with the whole Covid thing and with the cancellation of the 2020 Werks Reunion I was really looking forward to 2021. But would Werks Reunion 2021 really even happen? I had checked early in 2021 with anyone and everyone I could, that was previously associated with Werks to see what was cooking. Answers were: maybe, not sure, don’t have a venue, nothing from PCA, etc.

With nothing firm, in April I went ahead and booked my hotel. Betting on the come.

I had shown my 914 at the 2019 Werks in Judged so was planning to bring my 911 this time. I purchased the 911 in 2019 (a story for another time of a 20 + year search) and had been fine tuning it since, in hopes of having everything in place and the planets align in order to show it at the 2021 Werks Reunion.

I don’t recall exactly when it was firmed up and communicated there would in fact be a 2021 Werks Reunion. I looked forward to registration and could not wait to submit my application as soon as sign up was available. The time came, I think it was June 23rd, and I submitted my 911 the day registration opened, I think I was 9th in line registering

Yes! I’m “IN” and it was confirmed so on June 30th. Everything had fallen into place.

I think it was July 16th I learned that the feature car for Werks Reunion 2021 was going to be the 914. Oh My!

I contacted Tom Provisi to see if it were possible to switch, or even if I should, with everything already in place. He said there were only nine 914’s registered in judged, so I said if you want another, and he would allow me to switch cars to the 914, that I would. The switch was made on July 16. OK, guess which car was all ready to go and which one needed some attention. Yup the 911 was all set, so I then created a list of all I wanted and needed to do to the 914.

We arrived in Monterey the day before Werks. The day OF Werks we got a late start and when we got to the golf course, were told we would be right in front with the 914’s, but then we were directed to the complete other end of the field. As we were cleaning up the car a guy came by and asked if we were in 914 judged and we said yes, and he said that is where his 914 was. When we got it all straightened out we drove back to the judged 914’s and as I pulled up there were three on one side and three on the other with my 914 ending up in the middle making a horseshoe. I felt it was a prime position for getting there late. I saw Michael’s car right away and we met for the first time.

The day was fantastic! Overcast for a time which was fine. Got to know Michael and his brother Bob, met Jim Patrick whom I’d only spoken to previously, plus saw 4 of his cars there. All the 914’s got a lot of attention as a lot of people came by asking questions and wanting to learn, plus just positive vibes. Fun time. I barely left the car all day!

Toward the end of the day a photographer came by with huge Nikon’s. She identified herself as being a photog for Sports Car Digest and could she take pictures of my car? OF COURSE! She mentioned that she and her husband had 914’s and was attracted to mine. There was of course no guarantee that any pictures of my car would make it in into the on line Magazine.

Weeks went by! Nothing! I’d seen a few Sports Car Digest’s come out and nothing on Werks.

Until Yesterday! https://sportscardigest.com/2021-porsche-werks-reunion/

Of the 109 pictures in the Gallery, my car was in, or could be seen in 8 of the pictures.
Thought I’d died and gone to heaven.

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 02:21 PM