Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel lines leaking, Two steps forward, one step back
914Next
post Oct 5 2021, 12:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Well, as some of you know I had three leaking injectors when I went to pull the car out of storage after a couple of months. Two sealed up after running the car a bit and one I had to change out for new injector. Of course I was elated that I had solved that problem BUT....as I returned from a test drive I saw gas leaking onto the driveway in another spot. Seems that now a fuel line is leaking. Appears to be a cloth line leaking just after exiting the firewall (near the doughnuts as seen in the pic below).
I believe that the are the lines that I should be changing out anyway? I'm fairly certain that most of thessee lines are original. Posting a couple of pics.

Looking now for recommendations.....change out for all stainless steel lines? Are stainless replacing those in the engine compartment as well as forward to the gas tank? Any diagrams showing the ones that I need to consider replacing?

Also what level of DIY is this. I'm fairly handy but not a mechanic. Can I do this myself? If so would I need a lift in order to do it?

Appreciate the input.

Steve

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 08:29 PM