Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Finally Running, Help me keep it that way (starter issue)
BenNC
post Jul 22 2003, 09:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 267

After working on it for about ayear I finally have my baby running. I finally really understand why these cars have such a loyal following. All I did was drive and grin.

I had about 36 carefree hours before I started running into problems. I know that it has been the topic of several threads, but I'm have starting issues. I drove all over the place one day. Start, stop, start, stop etc... That night I got rained on and the car would not start in the morning. Classic symptoms of all the electricals work but starter won't turn. After a push start (with help from my girlfriend who, amazingly, is still impressed that I got the car running), I drove it home. I started the car six or seven times that day while driving around with no problems. When I got home that night the same thing happened.

I cleaned off all the wires on the starter and the ground strap from the tranny. Still no go. I can start it no problem by crossing the posts, but not from the key.

What is my logical progression of checks? I know about the switch problems and seat belt Nazi Sensor, but just want to waste as little time as possible on unlikely scenarios.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
BenNC   Finally Running   Jul 22 2003, 09:13 PM
Brad Roberts   Do you have a cover on the relay board ?? I would ...   Jul 22 2003, 10:21 PM
Aaron Cox   i had same problem after rains and such. buy a new...   Jul 22 2003, 10:44 PM
rhodyguy   something else to consider while trouble shooting....   Jul 23 2003, 08:07 AM
ninefourteener   I agree with the statement a couple above. That d...   Jul 23 2003, 08:12 AM
rhodyguy   why in the name of hell would the lock in the cyl ...   Jul 23 2003, 08:19 AM
echocanyons   the ignition switch on the dash is often to blame ...   Jul 23 2003, 09:29 AM
BenNC   OK, got a new switch. I'll check the wires an...   Jul 23 2003, 11:02 AM
onrails   had that problem,for a-long time! ,,,,,,,,,fin...   Jul 23 2003, 03:22 PM
Brad Roberts   Welcome "Onrails" to the BBS !! :clap: L...   Jul 23 2003, 03:50 PM
vsg914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 06:48 PM