Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Slowest lap ever
emerygt350
post Apr 10 2022, 02:00 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,740
Region Association: North East States

Was really looking forward to some laps at Watkins Glen International Speedway. The pace car drivers were either a) drunk b) too sober c) my great great grandmother. Not only were they slow as hell, they only gave us 2 slow laps and then we were off the track. So not cool. Anyway, my car was loving it so if you want to hear a 914 really wishing the Subaru would just go away for 5 minutes (you can't pass etc.), I took a video. The video was my cell phone hastily duct taped to the head rest on the passenger side. Gives you a funny sense of the Gs though.

One of the things I really like about my car is that it runs better after I push it, here I wasn't even pushing it hard (looking at you Subaru). There was a modern boxter behind me though and we had some fun. I tried my hardest to get squirrely by hugging corners and ignoring the apex but at these speeds it wasn't going to happen. The video is meh but the sound of the engine is good. Hottest the heads got was 312 the oil never even got to 190. Must have been 40 F up there today.

https://youtu.be/NviClrXkczw

p.s. I deleted the earlier footage which was mostly just me swearing at the pace car and the subaru.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 04:19 PM