Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Power Surge!! type4store down!!, Killed everything in both shops!
Jake Raby
post Aug 2 2005, 10:49 AM
Post #1

Engine Surgeon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

I'm on a wireless laptop in the yard of the shop as I write this...

I was working last night when I heard a loud boom, followed by a dimming of the lights...

I shut all the computers down and went in the house....

Come out this morning and ALL BUT ONE computer is zapped, all the printers are zapped and even the telephones!!!

When the power was restored the technician did not verify voltage, (they admitted to it) so now they owe me a complete network of 12 computers!

Long story short, we are restoring backed up files to this and another laptop so we can *try* to fill orders through the store.... If you have an order in with us, or place one today it will more than likely not get queued until tomorrow when this is resolved.

I had back up UPS's and surge protection, and nothing helped- It even got the dyno weather station, and the telephones and even the refrigerator!

All because some slacker didn't do his job-

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th June 2024 - 02:56 PM