Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 6’5” and need to clear roll bar., What seat and mounting tricks will work?
Richard Casto
post Aug 2 2005, 07:41 PM
Post #1

Blue Sky Motorsports, LLC

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,523
Region Association: South East States

Ok, title says it all… Researching what it will take to build an Autocross/Track car. With roll bar or cage installed in car I need to make sure I can pass the “broomstick test”. I haven’t finished reading all of the SCCA GCR and Solo I rules yet, so I don’t know exactly how much clearance I need with my helmet on. But it there any other guys on the “large” side have experience with making this work in a “track” car?

I am guessing that this is going to be a case of aggressively trying to make sure that whatever cage I use (custom or otherwise) is as physically as close to the top as possible (and yes, I would like for the top to be able to be installed), seat selection, and seat mounting tricks (i.e. custom lowered rails).

I guess I am also curious as to what type of aftermarket seats fit well in the car? In addition to being 6’5” I am 250 lbs, so a seat that is narrow in the hip area is not going to work.

Thanks,

Richard
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Richard Casto   6’5” and need to clear roll bar.   Aug 2 2005, 07:41 PM
URY914   I would recommend talking to RacerChris here. He r...   Aug 2 2005, 07:55 PM
d914   remove cross bar and move it or replacement forwar...   Aug 2 2005, 08:56 PM
smg914   An old trick is to just remove the driver's si...   Aug 2 2005, 09:06 PM
SirAndy     Aug 2 2005, 10:12 PM
john rogers   My daughter is about 6 ft 2 in and we use an Ultra...   Aug 2 2005, 10:23 PM
john rogers   Another   Aug 2 2005, 10:25 PM
Bigbohr   That looks like a comfy seat ...   Aug 2 2005, 10:32 PM
smg914   I had a Corbeau Forza in my 914-4 race car. It was...   Aug 3 2005, 08:14 AM
Flat VW  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 02:18 AM