Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Polishing Fuch's, the easy way
76-914
post Jul 5 2022, 03:15 PM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Yesterday I set out to polish the Fuch's on my '73 which is fairly easy since they are fully polished and I do them once a year. I had been putting off polishing the Fuch's on my '76 because only the raised petals are polished and I had convinced myself this would be a miserable job. But since I'm in fixing her up to sell I knew they would need to be done at some point and the weather was cool enough for the toil to come. They hadn't been touched in 10+ years and didn't look too badly from a distance.

Attached Image

But up close........not so nice.

Attached Image

Attached Image

As it turned out I needed only to mask off the outer rim where the polished edge meets the unpolished edge. Some cheap HF electrical take was perfect for the job.

Attached Image

Attached Image

This is about 5 minutes work using Mothers polish and this little 2" DA. Another minute to wipe off with a clean cotton cloth. Very little blackened residue gets on the unpolished surface. And what little does can be quickly cleaned up with some LA Awesome cleaner. I suppose Simple Green would work also.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Finished product.......about 30 minutes total time. There are 2 more but they all look the same and I think this hard drive is about to die!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 05:29 PM