Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> locked out, key trouble
doobie123
post Jul 8 2022, 01:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,683
Region Association: Southwest Region

hi, i am a newbee to both the porsche world and this forum so, please be patient if i ask a silly question and know that i want any and all info that anyone can provide.
that being said, here is my problem.
i recently bought a 1975 914"barn find", i actually found it in the back of a car port. the car is very complete and rust free but, the owner, selling it for her brother who had passed away, didn't have the keys for it. in addition, the door latches are both missing. i have searched the car for the key card, no luck and she assures me that the keys can't be found. i can pop the engine cover and front trunk but the back is locked and i don't have a ignition key. i have purchased a black top blank key from my local dealer,(tucson porsche) but can't find any lock smith to help me rekey the car.
if anyone has suggestions please let me know. also, is there some hidden release for the rear trunk?
thanks for any help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:00 AM