Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Seats - thinking crazy thoughts
rjames
post Jan 25 2023, 01:28 PM
Post #1

I'm made of metal

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I recently got behind the wheel of a 2018 BMW 230i Sportline and my usually aching back fell in love with the seats.

Likely no way to modify to fit in a 914, but keep thinking it may be possible. The styling might look out of place though, especially that head rest.

That said, a pair of used leather seats from that model can be had for ~$500-700- about 1/2 the price of any other leather-clad 914 aftermarket alternative. The bass of the seat is metal with the seat logic taking up a bunch of space between the bottom of the seat and the rails, so seems like a possibility to remove the logic box and mount the 914 rails directly to the base with some modifications. I think the same seats are in the 3 series of that year, too. Anyone here have one that that they can get the dimensions of the seats from? Profile looks similar to a 914 in pictures, minus the headrest.
Attached ImageAttached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 10:47 AM