Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine install in less than 2 hours, Tangerine jack plate evaluation
Type 47
post Jan 28 2023, 10:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,790
Region Association: None

2 hours includes: walking into garage, moving around carts and tool boxes, moving the engine from the bench/start set up, lowering the lift and pushing the car off, raising lift, pushing the car back in the garage. Next, putting the car on jackstands. Then pushing the engine under the car and jacking it up/bolting it in. Next, pushing the car out of the garage, lowering the lift, and pushing the car back on the lift. Raising the lift, admiring our work, taking some pics and finally washing up. 2 hours start to finish.

Installing the engine was about 40 minutes.

I wasn't thrilled with ponying up $150 for a plate that bolts to my jack to help jack the engine/trannie back in the car. I've done it several times teetering the whole thing on the floor jack back in my yuuut...(youth) with no issues (don't know what my BP or heart rate was back then).

So, you have to be careful when moving the engine/trannie around when on the jack/plate but when you get to the install point. OMG, it lifts the package straight up and in minutes you're bolting the mount bar and trannie mounts in.

Boom, it's in, take it off the jackstands.

Since, our plan is to get the car back together, running, and trouble shoot issues, we put the original engine back in. we will be building a 2056 (that's the plan) so we will be taking the engine out soon and putting the new engine back in, the Tangerine Racing jack plate was a very good purchase. I couldn't really appreciate how good it is untill I had used it.

BP and heart rate was normal during the whole operation. At least for me, I think my son was sweeting his ass off. He did all the work while I provided expertise.
Attached Imagen
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 11:21 AM