Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> tall rear valence(s) questions, Need some clarification...
Speedo
post Mar 7 2023, 05:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,170
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Allow me to ramble...I have a 914-6 and one of Ben's GT3 mufflers, so either way I have some work to do to accommodate the twin barrels pointing out the back. If I had a real 6 tall valence, I would need to weld the tailpipe outlet shut and create one oblong or two symmetrical openings for the outlets. Good and bad news is that I don't have a tall 6 rear valence, so I don't need to stress about destroying a real valence to create what I need. But I do want a valence. Ferg kindly set me up with a short 4 valence and I have massaged it back to it's original shape, thinking that I might flatten the lower lip, add steel to make it a tall valence...and then decide what to do about the tailpipe exit. Before I start adding steel, I wanted to ask the wizards here what, if any, was the difference in the angle the short and tall valences tuck under the rear of the car. Is the angle/arc the same for the short and tall valences? Something tells me the arc of the short valence is more abrupt than the tall, but as I don't have a tall to measure or compare...I'm relying on you guys. Thanks for your help in advance.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 04:35 AM