Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Adding small gauges to stock dash face ?, ..couple questions
Literati914
post May 15 2023, 03:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,222
Region Association: Southwest Region

I did a quick search and didn't see any examples, so I was wondering if anyone has added any small gauge(s) to (the face of) the stock dash area?

I'm working on two different 914's, 1 to be air cooled, the other an H6 suby, and considering using the available space by the cig.lighter to:

1) the air cooled car is getting a large 911 Oel temp/druck press unit that i already have, so the two extra spots over by the cig lighter would be a VDO stand alone fuel gauge (that I also already have) and a CHT gauge.. or would an AFR gauge be more appropriate since it'll probably run aftermarket FI eventually?
- also, maybe I should consider eliminating the cig.lighter all together [replace it with a small phone charging solution elsewhere] and use the space for three small gauges instead fuel/AFR/CHT ?

2) the suby car would be getting a 904 style custom gauge that has Oil Temp/Oil Press/Fuel, again that I already have. So I was thinking at least 1 small extra gauges in the dash plate for AFR. I don't recall anyone using a CHT gauge with the water cooled cars.. is there a need for one here? ..or maybe another small helpful gauge for the water pumper - a coolant temp gauge? Same thing though, I could possibly do all three by moving the cig.lighter?

Just planning ahead, and wanted to get a feel for how you guys would ideally configures the gauge set ups in these two cars. Thoughts and opinions welcome.

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:31 PM