Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Master Cylinder Replacement Challenges, Reservoir Lines and Single Pole Contact
DennisV
post Aug 15 2023, 06:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,575
Region Association: Northern California

I've run into a couple challenges while replacing our brake system.

The new master cylinder has a single pole contact, whereas the original had 2-pole. I read somewhere that you just leave one wire detached. Do you lose some functionality doing that?
Attached Image

I am having a hard time getting the plastic lines that run to the fluid reservoir to naturally land in a position where they would connect. The old lines appear to be identical to each other. Whereas the new lines are different from each other with different part numbers found in the factory parts catalog. Has anyone else run into this? These came from Porsche and I triple checked the numbers on the bag against the catalog. I inserted them into the master cylinder per the indication of the factory parts catalog. I have done all sorts of twisting and contorting but would have to bend one of them substantially to get them to align with the reservoir hoses.
Attached Image

Thank you.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 04:25 AM