Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rebuilding a 1.8L--- Camshaft size and other suggestions
Crossleg_Luke
post Aug 21 2023, 07:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,448
Region Association: South East States

Well, after about a month of struggling with Rust on my first 914, We finally threw in the towel and decided it was too far gone to be sensibly repaired...

So, I set out to find a new(better) Unibody to transfer all my good parts onto. That resulted in a very kind stranger in the 914 community offering to give me one of his Rollers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (im still shocked and incredibly thankful for this.) And we're going to pick it up and bring it home next week!

I'm going to be dropping the 1.8L out of the now demoted Donor car, and Begin a rebuild of it tomorrow. Since we're building a Lemons car, I don't want to make any DRASTIC modifications to it, I just make sure everything is good to go for a 24hr race and in best possible condition.

But, I wanted to ask here about any suggested modifications y'all had. Particularly if the Stock camshaft size was the best for my use case or if there was a better option. I come from a drag racing background, so I'm not sure if the drag racing strategy of "Do they make one bigger? Give me that." Translates to road course racing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

The car will see some occasional time on the highway when done. But I'm no stranger to driving race cars to work, and Georgia doesn't care about anything I do to it, so I'm asking as if it was pure bred track car engine

The car still has its Fuel injection system, and right now the plan is to keep it fuel injected.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 05:25 PM