Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> primary imputs to high cold idle
87m491
post Sep 7 2023, 08:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,731
Region Association: North East States

After many years of sitting my 74 2.0 is now ready to rack up a few miles. Last weekend after having failed to get a proper dwell setting and seeing that my points looked pretty sorry, I installed a Hot Spark unit that I had bought years ago.

Now with fresh plugs, cap, rotor, "perfectly" timed distributer, cleaned injectors, a tested and functioning AAR and all new vac lines and hoses, TB gasket etc. My once very high cold idle is now nonexistent. Car will fire than die, then fire and catch surge ~ 500 RPM. Ambient these days is mid 70's here. When warm idle is also low ~700+-

Since most threads are to cure high idle, I'm wondering what sensors CHT? etc are responsible for cold idle enrichment that I can check for proper functionality. My idle screw adjustment seems to have very little effect and is already "out >1.5 turns which seems high. (what are others seeing?) My ECU is set 1 click rich from factory mark but I'd think I should be closer in RPMs before I muck too much with that?

Thx
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 08:33 PM