Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A HUGE thank you to the parking lot repair team, At Okteenerfest
saigon71
post Sep 26 2023, 06:21 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,428
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I wanted to express my gratitude to anyone and everyone who helped out both Saturday afternoon and Saturday evening to troubleshoot and fix my car.

Ideas, tools, parts and extra sets of hands seemed to appear out of nowhere.

I was stressed out, facing a 540 mile drive home early the next day. Having my 914 brothers & sisters by my side took the edge off.

Several things were causing my car to run terrible:

The miss I was experiencing "felt" similar to faulty trigger points, so I installed my spare distributor...this didn't help. When we replaced the coil, the symptoms seemed to change but the engine was still running poorly.

After many hours of swapping out parts, checking and re-checking things and general frustration it was determined the initial problem was a bad coil. The spare distributor installed before swapping out the coil had bad trigger points, which masked the fact that the coil was the problem. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

The engine fired up with a roar late Saturday night and got me home on Sunday, all thanks to the Okteenerfest parking lot repair team.

You guys & gals are the best, thank you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Bob

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 11:52 PM