Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> harness in fuse box, wires pulled out of harness
4evyung
post Oct 8 2023, 11:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,348
Region Association: Intermountain Region

When I dropped the motor of my '73, I forgot to pull the harness, and all the wires pulled out of the harness. Using a Tech Manual, I was able to figure out where 6 of the 7 wires reconnect (the car was converted from fuel ignition to carbs), but can't figure out where the solid black wire goes. The harness has 11 'posts'. I have not 'traced' any of the wires to see where they go (lights, etc.). I also have a heavier gauge red wire with white stripe and a typical female connector which pulled out. Can anyone help to figure where these 2 wires connect. I also have a few wires that appear to belong in the relay/fuse box which were cut and capped (they were that way when I bought the car). It ran fine, and everything necessary electrically worked. I am a mechanical moron, but was able to put in my new motor and start it. I had to drop it again due to an oil cooler leak (that's when the wires pulled out of the harness).

I am new on this site, so hopefully I can figure out how to find any responses to this post. BTW - this is my 3rd 914. I love these cars as much as any of you out there. Bought my first ('73) in '74. It was a black beauty.

Thank you in advance for any of you that help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 09:46 PM