Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Question on Rear Targa & Fuzzy seal fit, To cut or not to cut.....
frostyf
post Feb 11 2024, 04:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,168
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Hi, I'm trying to reseal my targa top and had a question on where to cut or if to cut the rear seal with the fuzzy?

The bit I'm uncertain of is the rear fuzzy seal; it runs around each side for a short length and upto where the Targa to Window seal ends.

I watched one online video by Barefoot Garage Jax (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uc6zbCNYQA&t=304s) where they cut it.

Just before I go in with the knife I wanted to reach into those who may have done this before and just check I've got this correct before I make a mistake. I think you cut it where the metal strip ends and the targa top angle's towards the targa top to window seal channel on the left? Does anyone know before I cut this off? I've marked where I think I need to cut with a red line but would welcome someone with knowledge to check I'm doing this correctly? Attached Image

Thanks in advance for any help.
Nick
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 07:37 AM