Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> TACH PROBLEMS
TINCAN914
post Sep 17 2005, 07:02 AM
Post #1

Summer's Commin...

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,611
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I have posted this question before, so I apologize in advance.
I have a 74 1.8
I removed the instrument panel a couple of weeks ago to clean the gauges, as well as to sand and paint the panel. I began pulling wire and then realized that the smart thing to do would be to tage the wires to the corresponding terminal.
Well I aparently tagged one or two wrong. My problem seems to be the tach. The gas gauge works, everything lites up, but the tach is not working. Dave has given me some sirection, but there are not any numbers or letters, or symbols on the back of these gauges. Vance sent some pics of his 73 with a 74 tach, but when I follow the wiring still no luck. I know it was working, but I can't figure it out. Does anyone already have a 74 torn out that can take some pics, or a very simple diagram showing terminals withthe corresponding colors? I have beengoing through schematics, but they are aparently to complicated for my feeble mind...
Help anyone!!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
bmunday   TACH PROBLEMS   Sep 17 2005, 07:02 AM
lapuwali   The tach will need switched power (black wire OR r...   Sep 17 2005, 09:12 AM
bmunday   Thanks James... Got the welder here now, so I will...   Sep 17 2005, 09:27 AM
Cap'n Krusty   <...   Sep 17 2005, 11:10 AM
bmunday  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 12:10 AM