Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Valve cover weeps oil...sealant needed?
Air_Cooled_Nut
post Sep 22 2005, 11:13 AM
Post #1

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Group: Members
Member No.: 584
Region Association: None

Okay, seems I have some oil leaking from the valve covers. The engine has new valve covers and seals. Installed dry. One thing I did notice -- and this may be the issue -- is that it appears that the valve covers were spray painted black. The entire cover. Would this [thin] paint compromise the integrity of the seal? I have the necessary tools to remove the paint if that's the issue. Or do the seals need Gas-A-Cinch or other sealant on them? If so, which side (head side or cover side)?

TIA again!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Air_Cooled_Nut   Valve cover weeps oil...sealant needed?   Sep 22 2005, 11:13 AM
Tobra   I was advised by a Porsche mechanic friend of mine...   Sep 22 2005, 11:26 AM
rhodyguy   cork or rubber gaskets? check the edges and see if...   Sep 22 2005, 11:41 AM
Joseph Mills   On my cork gaskets I use Permatex Hight Tack Gaske...   Sep 22 2005, 12:12 PM
Cap'n Krusty   ...   Sep 22 2005, 12:14 PM
Air_Cooled_Nut   Yes, VW upside down...I remember reading that here...   Sep 22 2005, 12:18 PM
Cap'n Krusty  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 09:25 PM