Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> UI challenge is over with, (that's Unemployment Insurance)
Dave_Darling
post Sep 22 2005, 08:30 PM
Post #1

914 Idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

I'm not sure how much of this you guys know, but the jerks up in SF that I briefly worked for contested my unemployment claim. They said that I had misrepresented my qualifications and abilities during the interview process, and claimed that was qualified as "misconduct" enough to deny my claim.

If I were ruled against, not only would my only current income be cut off, but I would have to repay the ~$2500 worth of benefits that I have gotten since the appeal was filed. As you can imagine, I've been a little bit stressed about this situation.

My hearing was today, at 9:15 AM. I got there early, even after trying to find a decent parking spot that didn't cost a mint. I had to appear in person, the company was supposed to phone in. To a toll-free number, yet. At 9:15, the judge came out and told me that they had not yet called, so he would take another case first (a guy who was rather late showing up for an appointment earlier in the morning) and he would give them 15 more minutes to call.

At about 9:35, he came back out and told me that they never called, so the appeal would be denied--I can continue to get my checks every other week.

I think those bastards merely did this as a form of petty harrassment. I really wish there was some form of redress (I *almost* wish there was some form of petty harrassment that I could sic on them--but not quite, because I'm not quite as much of an asshole as they are) but there doesn't seem to be.

(As an aside--FUCK YOU (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/finger.gif) DC and DP!)

Anyway, I'm in the clear on that. Now all I have to do is find another job!!

--DD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 04:49 PM