Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> James Dean/ Competition Motors Hollywood, 50th Anniversary in Hollywood 9-30-05
O.G.914-6
post Sep 28 2005, 10:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,787

Hey all , it's Maltese Falcon- just using OG's Mac (down the street cause my SBC is NFG)... Friday the 30th of Sept. is the 50th anniversary of the James Dean crash. He left L.A. from 1219 N. Vine St. Hollywood that morning . That was the former site of Competition Motors (John von Neumann) which is now a construction project. I've set up that morning with the construction supervisor (Jan) to give us a 15 minute "Drive up and photo-op ", so anyone in the area in a Porsche should get down there. Bring a camera ! You want to enter LaMirada St. properly (from Cahuenga Bl.) at 8:15 am- facing east. Cahuenga is one block west of Vine St. DO not enter LaMirada St. from Vine St. it is too narrow ! We will then take some photos ( a 50th only happens once), and depart at 8:30 am. This is next to a construction site, so please respect the contractor, the parking on LaMirada is also "No parking anytime", I think 15 minutes should be OK. After 8:30 the big trucks roll back in, and we must be gone !
LaMirada St. is one block south of Fountain Ave. and one block north of Lexington ( 2 blocks north of Santa Monica Bl.)
Aaron...can you post this on the Bird Board for the rear engine crowd (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
Marty
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 07:38 PM