Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Loosening alternator to replace belt, Is there 1 bolt or 2 to loosen on my '76
914zim
post Oct 5 2005, 05:51 PM
Post #1

Still pretty clueless...

Group: Members
Member No.: 962

Dudes:

Now that I finally got my air injection pump assembly off (what a bitch!), I am trying to loosen the alternator in order to get the new belt on. I thought I was home free!

In a previous post (thanks guys!), I was told there was one bolt to loosen (Allen) and also that there were 2 bolts to loosen (a 13mm and the 6mm Allen), with the 13mm bolt accessible from below.
Which is correct for my '76?

I've loosened the 6mm Allen, but I can't slide the alternator at all. I've sprayed it (the bolt and bracket) with Liquid Wrench to break it loose, but it won't budge.
I also jacked the car up and crawled underneath and cannot find any 13mm bolt to loosen.
Can someone tell me what's going on? If I DO have the 13mm bolt below, were exactly is it? I hope I don't have to remove anything from below to get at it.

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Andy...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 04:52 AM