Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Time to sell?, No time to fix/no place to work on it
Carlitos Way
post Oct 10 2005, 01:10 PM
Post #1

I did it MY WAY

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,757
Region Association: Southern California

I'm seriously considering getting out of the 914 world. My teener has been sitting for about 6 weeks and no end in sight. I might have located an engine, but the prospect of dropping the engine and going back to a really rough shifting car is making me reconsider.

The car is in fairly good condition in terms of aesthetics. It has some nice enhancements. Some nice "custom" touches that the PO did. Lots of chrome where you wouldn't expect it. I have upgraded the brakes, installed after-market seats and replaced the clutch within the past year.

The engine most likely dropped a valve seat. I don't have the place to work on the car and the HOA is giving me a hard time about keeping my car where it is.

So... the question is.. what to do? take a HUGE loss selling the car as is? Sell it for parts and hope the HOA doesn't tow it away... or fix it.

Any thoughts you might have are welcome.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Carlitos Way   Time to sell?   Oct 10 2005, 01:10 PM
jkeyzer   http://www.914world.com/bbs2...   Oct 10 2005, 01:18 PM
SLITS   While the idea of changing an engine over is not t...   Oct 10 2005, 01:54 PM
effutuo101   HOA's suck! if you get the motor swapped o...   Oct 10 2005, 02:01 PM
SirAndy     Oct 10 2005, 02:49 PM
trekkor   What are the bigger cities nearby? I'm trying ...   Oct 10 2005, 02:54 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 03:02 PM