Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Taking a plasma cutter to my dash board, how the hell do you pry this thing off?
VaccaRabite
post Oct 18 2005, 07:07 PM
Post #1

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Okay, after work I thought I would get the dash off, get most of the wire harness pulled back to at least the engine firewall, and get all the junk out of the front trunk.

Well, none of those three things got done. The front trunk still has lights, some wires, and brake fluid lines - everything else is out. The brake lines I just got lazy and did not want to deal with draining.

The wire harness, well its still attached to the headlights, so its not going anywhere.

And the dashboard. That mother fsking dashboard....
How do you get the SOB out of there? I have the 4 bolts undone from the front trunk. I have the side bolts out by the air vents. All the instuments, vents, wires, and knobs are out. The vynal trim is off the dash face. The steering wheel is hanging on my wall. The only things left in the dash are the glove box and the mount for the ashtray.

I can get the dash to move around, but I can't get it out of the car. Do I need to remove the seal around the inside of the widshield? I realized that I was getting too frusterated to be useful, so I closed up my haynes manual and came inside to querry the 914 hive mind.

Thanks all,

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 12:16 PM