Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bay Area car storage, for the 914
ChrisReale
post Nov 13 2005, 09:55 PM
Post #1

Sleazy

Group: Members
Member No.: 176

Owning a 914 in San Francisco without having my own garage to work on it has been an issue for me for as long as I have been here. This weekend was a final test of my dedication to the car and I think I need to move on. Not sure if I plan to sell it or what but I need it out of my mind for a few months. I think my alternator crapped out on me and drained my battery down because it just stopped on me in the middle of Chinatown. $160 later I had it flat bedded to my parking space that I am being evicted from because of the massive oil leak that occured. That on top of low oil pressure (according to idiot light, however I have not investigated it further) is making me loose my mind. So, anybody know of bay area car storage that is less than $100 a month?

The battery read 9.5 volts and wouldn't turn over the starter. Is there a simple multi meter test I can do to check the alternator, or should I just haul it to a shop at some point and have them replace it? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/owned1.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ChrisReale   Bay Area car storage   Nov 13 2005, 09:55 PM
carreraguy   Chris: A guy in San Jose advertises in the GG PCA ...   Nov 14 2005, 01:15 AM
reverie   Just did a google search on him.. apparently he...   Nov 14 2005, 04:37 AM
sj914   <...   Nov 14 2005, 04:47 AM
reverie   Well, we better not mention that then. Good luck...   Nov 14 2005, 04:55 AM
ppickerell   Chris, You can store here outdoors (at Peridot) f...   Nov 14 2005, 02:45 PM
nebreitling   sorry to hear about your troubles, chris. ironica...   Nov 14 2005, 02:54 PM
Tobra   You could always rent a storage unit, keep the car...   Nov 14 2005, 03:02 PM
mikey   Get a storage unit with a high enough cieling, go ...   Nov 14 2005, 03:06 PM
ChrisReale  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 12:08 AM