Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Lighting troubles, No light at the end of the tunnel ...
Thor
post Nov 19 2005, 05:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,365

My 1975 914/4 2.0 is sometimes used for orientation rally's with a lot of night stages.
The story started with swapping the sealed beames for Lucas units (non H4).
I still wasn't happy with the results and got a pair of Bosch H4's, brand new in the box.
So I pulled the Lucas units out, removed the rubber, took note of the wiring and pulled the wires through the rubber and out of the plugs. The H4's went on, wires back in their plugs, ready for testing.
I pulled the switch and the low beam came on. I tested high beam but to my surprise low beam went out and no high beam.
Since on the last rally the high beams where a bit hard to get on and off and I had a new lever on the shelf I decided to put the new lever in.
So back to testing.
I pulled the switch and ... no low beams only parking lights. I pulled the high beam lever and low beam comes on as long as I pull the lever (as high beam does).

At this moment I don't have a multitester to check supply's but I have a rally on next saturday.

Is it possible that the wires where switched (high beam gives low beam) ? Did something happen to the wiring because of the switch to H4's (I was told it was a clean swap)?

I will have a look at the wiring and post their positions later this evening.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Thor   Lighting troubles   Nov 19 2005, 05:02 PM
bd1308   http://www.914world.com/...   Nov 19 2005, 05:05 PM
r_towle   back up to the beginning. Put in the original bul...   Nov 19 2005, 05:16 PM
goose2   I had Bosch H-4's on a previous 914 and they w...   Nov 19 2005, 05:47 PM
Thor   @1308 I had it changed a bit more then a year ago....   Nov 20 2005, 05:35 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 01:04 PM