Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Believe it or not...Forward Progress on my 914!!!, and part for rear shocks needed......
Mueller
post Aug 18 2003, 12:32 AM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

I spent the better part of yesterday doing the removal and install of trailing arms on Scott Carlbergs 914
(Keith Sammons and his wife stopped on by for a bit as well)

No problems with the install, I did find that the pass. side inside bushing was in the middle of the trailing arm and not off to the side, that might explain the noise and odd handling Scott had !!!!!

Today I installed the needle bearings on my a-arms and trailing arms, this included greasing them and applying the RTV to seal them. I also took pictures of the process which of course tends to slow things down.

I also removed the doors from my car to give Tony more room while he does the cage..damn, these doors are too damn heavy

and now, drum roll please.................

The passanger side trailing arm and rear shock has been installed on my car
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

funny how such a little thing can feel so good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

Now to the part i need...I somehow misplaced the two rubber gromments/doughnuts that go on top of the rear shock, anyone local have a pair I can borrow/have?

My plan is to get the suspension finished this week.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:18 PM