Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New 914 owner, Heed help with everything!!
Tony
post Aug 19 2003, 02:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 967

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Hi

I bought a 71 914 with 1.7, it was race in solo 1 and maybe autocross. The body is straight for a thirty year old car, the paint is fair, its white with red and blue graphics on it. It has rust in the trunk next to the tail lights and the battery box is rusted out, but not under the box. I paid $500, for it and have put new tires on it and a battery so far. I been driving the car around town but have not had the best of luck when driving out of town. It was rear ending on my way to porsche haven in Hayward. But the rusted out trunk gave saving the rear quarter panels. I think I will do the repairs myself to keep costs down. My other drive out of town I lost the clutch cable and will be replacing it soon. The car has more miles on the flat bed then on the open road. Since the car is thirty years old what else should I replace or check first.

Thanks
Tony
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 04:35 AM