Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Found leak in fuel line..., Any quick fix? just to check if problem?
914zim
post Aug 21 2003, 09:04 PM
Post #1

Still pretty clueless...

Group: Members
Member No.: 962

Hi fellas:
I think I may have found out why my car starts, but doesn't stay running (previous post).
I noticed a small spot of gas under my 914 and there was a small amount of gas on the right side drainage hose that drains from the hood. After moving the charcoal canister and a few other things out of the way, I lifted the 2 gas lines out of the clip (right side). As I lifted the right line (pressure line?) away from the clip a small stream of gas squirted out! There is a very small pin hole in the line and it looks like something hot touched the line and melted a small area or something was rubbing on it. The hole is in an area that looks worn.
Could this be why my car will start, but not stay running?
I'm pretty sure this leak is on the pressure side of the circuit. It goes to cylinders 3 and 4 first, then across to 1 and 2.
OK, I know everyone will say I need to replace ALL the fuel lines in my car, but I was wondering if there was a way I could maybe splice in a short piece of line, just to see if this is my problem.
The section where the leak is can be easily reached. Maybe I could place a small clamp over the hole?
What do you all think? Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks guys...
Andy...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 10:05 PM