Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A better alternator?
VaccaRabite
post Dec 21 2005, 10:27 AM
Post #1

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I have been searching around this board for hints on what might make a better alternator.

So far I have read that the 30 year old alternators on our cars are prone to failure, and don't produce much power. But I have not read (or at least not yet) what the best replacement alternator is.

So what is it? Ideally, i'd want something that bolted into the stock T4 location, and produced enough power to drive the usual stuff, FI, a modern sterio, speakers, SW, and a small amp.

If the answer is here, and I just have not seen it, could someone direct me to the post?

Thanks all,

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Vacca Rabite   A better alternator?   Dec 21 2005, 10:27 AM
SLITS   If you want to pay for it, a stock alternator can ...   Dec 21 2005, 10:54 AM
Aaron Cox   do a search... a 912E guy is running a GM one wire...   Dec 21 2005, 10:57 AM
davep   I have been selling rebuilt stock alternators with...   Dec 21 2005, 07:33 PM
V6914   Here's an alternator option

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 05:24 AM