Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Any Carb experts around?, or good hit men?
Mike's2nd914
post Aug 24 2003, 03:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 616

My 2.0 had the FI unceremoneously removed by a previous owner and a cheap no-name 2 barrel mounted in its place. It has been running OK but yesterday when I first cranked it, it did not want to idle. I was going to take it to run a few errands so I figured I had not been driving it enough lately so I took it anyway. Once it warmed up, it wanted to "idle" at about 4 grand. I could stab at the loud pedal and it made no difference, still 4 grand. I got it home and let it sit a while and cranked it again, same thing, 4 grand. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Today, I sprayed the carb full of carb cleaner and let it sit a few minutes, not it wants to idle at 2 grand. Any ideas, suggestions, names of good hit men, etc?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/fighting19.gif)
Thanks,
Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:19 AM