Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Can you install control flaps in engine tin, with out dropping the engine?
nebreitling
post Aug 25 2003, 04:15 PM
Post #1

Member Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 478

hi all

i've got a crusty engine tin that probably needs sorting through, but i live in an apartment near campus (i.e. no garage), and dropping my engine isn't really a great option (i lack dolly's, enough floor jacks, and the gf probably wouldn't appreciate an engine on the kitchen floor).

I think that my control flaps are stuck in the open position, as it does take a bit of time for her to warm up, but also, she does seem to run a little on the warm side. oil temps hang out around 210-215 for a while, but will eventually climb up to ~225 (maybe a little more -- up towards the red) if i drive long enough -- particularly in traffic. i found that the PO had disconnected the thermostat, and the control arm that connects the two flaps won't budge.

Cylinder head temps are unknown.

so i want to crack open the tin and try to get it all working as stock. what do people say -- is this possible w/ out dropping the engine?

thanks, nathan
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 03:35 PM