Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 V8 Conversion Companies
germaneighter
post Jan 14 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,563

I nearly completed a '73 V8 conversion about three years ago but had to sell. I never really got it out of my system and now am thinking of doing another. I am planning a street, auto cross, DE car. I like the 283 with alum heads but I see more and more conversions with later engines so I am still investigating what I will use.

Who are the current conversion companies?

Kennedy is still around I think. I know Rod Simpson still advertises. Is Renegade still in business? Is Desert Hybrids affiliated with Renegade? how about Red Dawg? Jade Car?

My earlier experience was that Kennedy had it all together with their equipment. Quality was top notch and they knew their stuff. But they didn't offer a complete conversion. Renegade had some nice parts, water pump, alt and engine mount, radiator, but their front of the engine water pump plates and thermostat housing looked like they were cast in someones garage and they were not willing to take them back and refund my money. The quality of Simpson's stuff was excellent but I did not like a cast adaptor plate. His attention to detail was very good.

I would like to hear opinions on who offers the best. My last car was mostly Kennedy with an aluminum Renegade radiator, water pump, and mounts The engine mount and water connections were Simpson. (I kind of chose what I considered the best of each componant.)

Looking forward to hearing your opinions....

dave

'74 Delphi Green 2.0
(purchased from phantom914 here on the club)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
germaneighter   914 V8 Conversion Companies   Jan 14 2006, 09:01 PM
efeinsmith   I'm currently in the middle of a Renegade Hybr...   Jan 14 2006, 09:15 PM
GWN7   Kenedy is who the others use to supply their clutc...   Jan 15 2006, 03:04 AM
Andyrew   wrote a long post and it got deleted.. <...   Jan 15 2006, 09:18 AM
neo914-6   Dave, Check out my signature to see how many conv...   Jan 15 2006, 12:43 PM
germaneighter   Can I get some opinions about propricer's 914 ...   Jan 16 2006, 11:30 AM
Crazyhippy   My opinion is fairly well documented. And i will a...   Jan 16 2006, 01:39 PM
914GT     Jan 17 2006, 03:37 PM
Mueller   http://www.914world.com/bbs...   Jan 17 2006, 04:53 PM
joefri187  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 05:23 AM