Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rub-a-Dub-Dub..., ... I need a Tub
djm914-6
post Aug 29 2003, 12:41 PM
Post #1

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Group: Members
Member No.: 248
Region Association: None

I've been working on the teener this week rying to get ready for the ECR. I got the rear glass replaced, new rear window seal, newly painted grill and engine lid and now working on the interior. I'm still fighting with the undercoating that was sprayed inside the car. What upset me last night was having my scraper slide easily between the floorboard and heater box. I also stumbled on some tape like stuff (F'Glass?) in a similar location next to the pedal board. I don't think this car is worth the investment it would take to make it right. With both sails gone, both drivers side fenders showing rust through and both doors without good seal areas, I'm just wasting money IMO.

Sooooo... How much would it cost for a GOOD chassis? How hard and how much time would it take to transfer all of my /6 stuff over? Is CA the only place to find a "rust-free" tub?

Another thought too; could someone weld in a cage and install steel flares on a bare tub and make the neccasary /6 body mods then ship it East?

Oh man, what have I gotten myself hooked on this time?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
djm914-6   Rub-a-Dub-Dub...   Aug 29 2003, 12:41 PM
Brad Roberts   Its all doable... but your east coast shops would ...   Aug 29 2003, 12:49 PM
Brad Roberts   To flip everything from one tub to another will ru...   Aug 29 2003, 12:54 PM
GWN7   Any area that is low humidity and they don't s...   Aug 29 2003, 02:44 PM
Brad Roberts   Texas and southern cars (NM/AZ) can have really ba...   Aug 30 2003, 12:41 AM
GWN7   High humidity in Houston. Must be from all those f...   Aug 30 2003, 01:02 AM
Racer Chris   David, Sorry to hear that you keep finding more ho...   Aug 30 2003, 06:48 AM
djm914-6   Chris, you're not off the hook yet. I'm st...   Aug 30 2003, 02:10 PM
Brad Roberts   Something I thought about today by using acid dipp...   Aug 30 2003, 09:35 PM
fiid  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 09:11 AM