Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help - new to the porsche world
deserttoad
post Jan 24 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,468

Hey there,

I'm working a 1975 914 with the 1.8 engine - still fuel injected. I was going on the basis that a free porsche is a good porsche, and until now, that's been pretty true.

I replaced all the electronics for the ignitions system (coil, plugs, wires, points, condenser, and cap) and replaced all the vacuum lines when I first got the car and it's been running okay. But when It's cold it won't idle unless I unplug the big computer harness by the air filter. Once it's warmed up good, I plug it back it and the little sucker revs up quite well. So I figured I needed a new cold start valve to fix this problem, just installed it and now the car seems to run extremely rich, won't idle and won't rev up - what gives?

I can rebuild an entire tractor, but this early 70's fuel injection is something else!

thanks,

DT
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
deserttoad   Help - new to the porsche world   Jan 24 2006, 07:50 PM
Cap'n Krusty  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 05:49 PM